Version 1.6.1In Development
Last updated: 2021-09-21
- Added an option to prevent triggering every other ball
- Added an option to prevent triggering after second ball
- Added an option to prevent triggering after a no tap strike (meaning not a real strike)
- Fixed missing checked checkbox image in Graphics menu
- Fixed a bug that could lead to an undefined lane number
- Fixed a bug that could lead to an undefined threshold value for the camera
- Fixed buggy behaviour when trying to select a frame to edit
Version 1.6.0Current Release
Last updated: 2021-08-26
- Added a new and final game mode! Five-frame!
- Added a toggle in the Graphics menu for having grayscale scorecards (instead of the yellow/red bottom part of the scorecard, it will be gray)
- Added a message to let the user know if an Arduino board is connected or not during startup (if this feature was previously in use)
- Added a feature to help prevent missed scores. This "Assistant" can be found in the camera calibration menu
- Made the rapid triggering prevention user-adjustable
- You can now also add a - when editing frame by pressing the 0 key
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to edit a frame in second ball even if there was a strike in first ball
- Fixed a bug where the Arduino settings would be reset if no Arduino board was found on launch after being present last time.
- Fixed a long standing bug that caused an error when entering player names if there was no player added to the statistics page beforehand.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to weird behaviour of the camera calibration menu if the previous calibration attempt was cancelled during its first calibration.
- Added the 3-6-8-10 split as well as the mirrorred variant.
- Added the 4-6-9-10 split as well as the mirrorred variant.
- Fixed a bug that could make a split circle stay after deleting that frame
- Fixed a bug where resetting a game with four players would not reset the fourth players total score
- Fixed a bug where setting a custom background wouldn't work unless set by a URL
- Fixed a bug where editing a frame after a game was completed would cause the score not to update, and leave the red box visible
- Rewrite of the camera calibration menu
- Rewrite of the edit frame selection tool
- Performance improvements to animations of menus
- The clock will now stay the same size regardless of the amount of players
- Pindication lights and ball lights will now turn off when quitting the app.
- Increased the rapid triggering delay up to 10 seconds
- Clarified that the Spawn Mono Enoent error can be ignored if not using a triggering board from 86pixels.
- Added a welcome menu for when a new update has been installed
- Added a screensaver that will turn on after a minute of inactivity (can be changed in the settings)
- Added the possibility to click outside the menu to close it
- Added an option to remove all transitions throughout the system
- Pressing "m" or opening the menu while editing a frame will now cancel the frame editing tool. The menu button also has a new label reflecting this change
- Added a keyboard shortcut to the edit frame tool, by pressing the "e" key
- Fixed a critical bug that caused the recalibration of the camera not to save properly
- Fixed a bug where the clock couldn't be set to 24hr if it was previously set as AM/PM (Thanks to Cole for submitting this bug report!)
- Fixed a bug where a practice game would start over instead of starting a new game when the time was up
- Fixed a bug where the checkbox for "prevent rapid triggering" would incorrectly be unchecked even when the feature was turned on.
- Fixed a bug where a connected Arduino would be forgotten on each launch if none of the Arduino features were used except for automatic triggering.
- Fixed a bug where editing a frame from a strike to something else would not let you enter a second ball for that frame
- Fixed a bug where editing a frame could cause empty frames to appear (and break the scoring)
- Fixed a bug where editing a frame and pressing "m" to open the menu would insert the letter "m" into the frame
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to enter any value into a frame using the edit frame tool
- Hopefully fixed a bug where editing a frame could result in a crash
- Fixed a bug that caused the navigation using the keyboard to stop working after entering a menu item
- Full rewrite of how the scorecards are displayed
- Improved animations of scorecards
- Removed the check for empty player names when starting a new game since some people couldn't enter names for the third and fourth player
- Separated the values of user storage into two files, one specific to the window, and one general for settings
- Added the 4-6 split since it was somehow missing
- Option to see score difference between players calculated on the score cards
- Option to see maximum score for each player on the score cards
- Option to play two frame bowling, where each player plays two frames at a time (only for two players)
- Option to use score signals as input from a pinsetter instead of using a camera for scoring
- Option to upload custom animations from the file system instead of just using the internet
- Added a real-time preview of the camera calibration by colorcoding the pin markers in the camera calibration menu
- Added a new slider to adjust the camera threshold of which will be used when determening if a pin is standing or not present
- Added an option to prevent rapid triggering by only letting through a trigger signal every two seconds
- Fixed a bug where only three of four players would be reset when using the "reset game" feature while playing with four players
- Fixed a bug where the remaining pins triangle would stay when using the "reset game" feature
- Fixed a bug where the edit frame feature wouldn't update the score count until the next successful frame
- Fixed a bug where the remaining pins triangle would stay when using the keyboard for scoring right after using the camera for scoring (Thanks to Braedan Brennaman for submitting the bug report!)
- Fixed a bug where the text was misaligned when playing with three players
- Fixed a bug where a connected arduino would be forgotten on next launch if the option to use ball lights was turned off
- Fixed a bug where the option to use ball lights was turned on by default
- Fixed a bug where the option to use score signals would be forgotten on the next launch
- Fixed a bug where the window corners wouldn't be correctly rounded on MacOS Big Sur
- Fixed a bug where the circle around a split would stay after editing that specific frame. (Thanks to Braedan Brennaman for submitting the bug report!)
- Fixed a bug where the mouse cursor would turn into a pointer over some checkboxes when starting a new game, even if the checkboxes were disabled
- Added two more splits into the list of possible splits (even if they are practically impossible to get in real world bowling)
- Rewrote everything that has to do with storing user data (such as player statistics, background image and so on) to use a local file instead of LocalStorage. This is more reliable and keeps everything in one place. This also paves the way to the full rewrite coming up...
- Fixed spacing in some menus
- Added new link to new website (instead of google sites)
- Removed the start button in the camera calibration menu since starting a calibration can now be done right away
- Removed Brightness slider in camera calibration menu since it was found that it wasn't working anyways
- Added support for Arduino Uno
- Added trigger beam alignment tool
- Added the ability to use decimals in the ball speed input distance box
- Added full support for Raspberry Pi
- Fixed a bug where Miles Per Hour would not be displayed correctly
- Added more splits that were missing
- Fixed a bug that would cause buttons to look weird on small screens. They will now always have the correct edge-radius
- Increased the speed of animations when looking through the menu stystem. Everything should feel much snappier now
- Menu system animations are now better looking and the elements inside of them now follow the background motion when opening and closing.
Version 1.4.0The game mode update!
- Added No Tap bowling mode
- Added Practice bowling mode
- Added a button to upload images from computer to use as background in the custom background settings pane
- Potentially fixed a bug that wouldn't let the user use both the OpenScore trigger sensors and an Arduino at the same time since their connections would conflict. (Thanks Jimmy at Compys Arcade!)
- Fixed a bug where the trigger delay would not work correctly until at least once visiting the trigger delay preference panel
- Fixed an issue where the "Use Camera" button could be pressed even if the camera was never calibrated
- Fixed a small typo in the Arduino preference pane
- Fixed a bug where a full game of gutterballs would give an extra playable frame at the end of each game
- Likely fixed a lot of potential scorecard issues
- Fixed a bug where giving an "x" as input during the "edit frame" setting would not result in a strike being registred
- Fixed a bug where using OpenScore sensors would not register in ScoreMore as being connected, but they would still be working
- Fixed a bug which caused the player scorecards to display weirdly after scoring with OpenScore sensors
- Fixed a bug where the menu bar on Windows would be visible until the window was clicked on by the user. Menu bar will no longer be accessible on windows due to it needing to be invisible when using full screen mode. Menu items can still be used using keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed a bug where the Pin Indication lights for pins 5 to 10 would not work correctly. This also solves an issue where pin 10 would be incorrectly routed to pin 6 in this feature. (Thanks Dean for finding this!)
- Fixed a bug where changing a score to strike (X) in the edit frame menu would stop all new scores from displaying. (Thanks Caleb for finding this!)
- Fixed a bug where accessing some menu items while in edit frame mode would delete the entire user interface. (Thanks Caleb for finding this!)
- Much smoother loading animation
- Rewrote the code for adding characters into scorecards (got rid of 200+ lines of code)
- Added functionality to navigate part of the animation settings by keyboard
- Added a simple explanatory text when editing a frame to let the user know that this is done by using a keyboard. (Thanks Caleb for suggesting this!)
- Added full screen mode to Raspberry Pi
- Upgraded to Electron 9 from Electron 5
- Fixed a bug which caused typing / on the keyboard when scoring not to work.
- Fixed a bug which caused using keyboard as only input not to work at all.
Version 1.3.1The Compatibility Update!
- New preference pane for Triggering containing automatic triggering information and trigger delay settings
- New preference pane for connecting an Arduino and using it
- Added compatibility with OpenScore automatic triggering units (get them at 86pixels.com)
- Fixed a long standing bug where scoring by camera simply would not work. (pins triangle could show up but no score would be set)
- The ScoreMore documentation has been inspected and updated to fit all the new changes made in the program over the last months
- Typing / on the keyboard when scoring does not work. Use the number of pins instead (such as 9, / would be 9, 1 and ScoreMore will make the / instead)
- Using keyboard as only input doesn't work at all. This will be fixed really soon.
Version 1.3The Additional Update!
- New button for the "Use Ball Lights" feature. A checkbox will be displayed on the button to tell the state of it. If in the off state, it will bring you to the ball lights menu
- New button for the "Use Camera" feature. A checkbox will be displayed on the button to tell the state of it
- The "Use Camera" button will now automatically be activated once calibration has occurred
- New feature that can calculate the ball speed. Activate under the advanced menu in settings. (this requires an arduino and a sensor, such as the one used for ball detection)
- Added the functionality to use miles per hour as well as kilometers per hour in the ball speed calculation
- Brand new version of the "Edit Frame" feature. Use the arrow keys to navigate the scorecards and press the number of pins or other key to insert the change
- Incorrect position of scorecards when deleting a player mid-game
- Incorrect activation of player when deleting a player mid-game
- Incorrect active frame when deleting a player mid-game
- Incorrect frame for next player when deleting a player mid-game
- Incorrect size of scorecards when deleting a player mid-game
- Fixed a critical issue where sometimes you wouldn't be able to continue after one full game was played. Pressing space should now work as expected
- Fixed a bug where the scorecards would sometimes be cut off a little on high resolution displays
- Fixed a bug where the bottom scorecards would be outside of the display on widescreen displays
- Fixed a bug where pressing the "m" key would open the menu when typing in a custom animation field
- Added the 4-7-9 and 6-8-10 splits since they were missing previously
- Added the 3-6-7 and 2-4-10 splits since they were missing previously
- Fixed a bug where the "Quit active game" and "Quit Application" menu buttons would be misaligned
- Fixed a bug where setting a new custom background while at the end of a game would reset the background once the space bar was pressed
- Fixed a bug where pressing "m" to open the menu during the editing of a frame would open the menu and cause issues
- Fixed a bug where the "delete frame" button would allow for deleting frames that didn't exist
- Fixed a bug where the fourth player was missing from the "Change active player" menu
- Fixed a bug where the border around the input field was missing when adding a custom background
- Changed font from Helvetica Neue to Arial in some places like buttons to keep only one font in memory. This improves performance
- Modernizing the UI by removing gradients for a bit of a flatter look. The change is minimal but could potentially also improve performance a bit
- Faster initial load with a bit smoother animation
- Reduced unnecessary duplication of code
- Removed some shadows from text and buttons to complete the new look
- Massive changes to the rendering of scorecard position
- New scorecards that will look good even on high resolution displays
- Slight fade on all buttons to make for a smoother experience
- Fade on the menus was added to reduce the line briefly seen when closing all menus at once
- Much improved transitions on scorecards when starting new games or ending games and deleting players
- Improved rendering of splits in the score cards
- Added back the top bar on MacOS to make the window draggable. Let me hear your thoughts on this change, maybe it's good maybe not
- Wow, I never realised, but using the path to a local image has always been possible when setting custom background or "animation". Open the image in a browser to get the correct type of file path. It should start with "file:///" and only contain forward slashes
- Sometimes scoring by camera does not work. Workaround: Create a player in the statistics page.
- Using the "c" key will manually add a circle in to the scorecard to display as a split. Then just use the number key right after.
- The ball light feature has been extended to work with a combined strike/spare light as well. Use pin 9 on your arduino for this.
- If using ball lights, a strike light can now be connected and will light up upon a strike
- The leaves statistics triangle was previously too small, making the white dots shifted.
- Fixed a bug where you would make scores when editing text fields if you had an active game going in the background. (ex when adding a custom background)
- New animation of scorecards when starting a new game
- Pin count animations will no longer be played on second ball unless it's a spare or miss
- "Animations" when getting a strike, spare, gutterball or split. Currently images, but has potential to be actual animations.
- Fixed a bug where the menu item "contact" would disappear if "camera" was pressed before it
- Hopefully fixed a bug with a black screen upon startup in some instances when a custom background had been used. Please report back to me if you still have this issue.
- Fixed an issue where the m-key couldn't be pressed while typing in a custom background link, since it would just open the menu instead.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes, getting three strikes in the 10th frame could freeze the app
- Smoother animation on startup
- Improved text in scorecards to better fit their sizes
- Made the scorecards bigger when playing 1 to 2 players only
- Moved the pin indicator triangle further in on the scorecards to not be outside of the screen on taller screens
- Better circles in the pin indicator triangle
- Fixed the middle line in the active scorecard not going all the way to the left
- Fixed the middle line in the active scorecard slightly exceeding the border to the right
- Fixed a nasty bug where scoring by camera would result in nothing happening
- Black screen upon startup in some instances if custom background has been used. Fix in next version.
Version 1.1The statistical update
- Added a statistics button under Player>Statistics. Add new player name to be looked for when a new game is started. This player will be tracked in the background and its statistics will be shown on the statistics page.
- General Statistics such as average, total score, last 10 games and so on.
- Leaves Statistics, showing every combination of leaves you have ever had, and weather you picked them up or not. (only available when using a webcam for scoring).
- Added a checkbox in the new game menu where you can directly add new player names to the statistics.
- Support for an Arduino board with connected ball lights (first and second ball). Request more arduino features to my email adress (found at the contact button at the top of this page). Connect the first ball light to pin 11 and the second ball light to pin 12.
- Getting a spare followed by a gutterball in the last frame while having multiple players triggered a bug that wouldn't let any other player continue. (Thanks to Bob Frishman!)
- Numerous bugfixes in regards to split detection in the tenth frame
- Added more splits to the split detection system
- Fixed a bug where the text "Press (space) for new game" would stay up if a new game was started from the menu while another game just ended
- Slight performance increase
- Added the ability to use any background image by entering a web URL. This option is found under Settings > Themes > Custom
- Added more preinstalled backgrounds to a dropdown list
- Added a PayPal donation button under Settings > More > Donate
- Dramatically improved the loading time again
- Fixed a bug where scroll bars would appear briefly when opening and closing the menu on windows
- The menu will now not be visible even on windows when using full screen. It can be brought back by pressing the alt key
- Fixed a bug where the ScoreMore logo would weirdly float from the top left upon startup
- Added more splits (Thanks Braedan!)
- Rewrote the background image handler to fix bugs with the background not showing the entire picture (Thanks Braedan!)
- Fixed a bug where the trigger delay drop down menu and background selector had it's options invisible (white) on windows
- Fixed a bug where pressing enter while in a text field would restart the program
- The full screen button doesn't work if the F11 key was used in the same session on windows
- The about application menu item (in the top left when alt key was pressed) doesn't work on windows
Features not yet implemented
- New Game Type button
- Sudden death rolloff mode
- Statistics for specific players
Version 0.9.95Beta 6
Released: March 15 - 2019
- Added toogle fullscreen menu option (ctrl+cmd+F on mac), hopefully F11 on windows
- Made the app open in maximised mode, (100% but not fullscreen)
- Greatly improved performance on the loading screen
- Changed contrast to brightness in the camera calibration system. Brightness is more effective
- Trigger delay, which will delay the score snapshot after pressing the s key. Useful when using an automatic trigger device
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to press one key fast and enter multiple numbers in the edit frame system. (other possible combinations will not be fixed)
- Added more splits that were missing
- Fixed camera turning off when done recalibrating during a game
Version 0.9.94Beta 5
Released: March 3 - 2019
- Made the edit frame function much more reliable and it now only turns off if a valid input (X, /, -, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) is entered
- Split detection is now working when scoring by camera!
- Fixed a bug that prevented the score to be updated after editing a frame
- Fixed the issue that made it hard to insert a spare when editing a frame
- Fixed a bug where the last part of frame 10 would not allow a miss if scoring by camera
- Fixed a bug where the "Use Camera" setting wouldn't update when clicking on it (only visually)
- Finished the documentation and added a nice front page
Version 0.9.93Beta 4
Released: February 21 - 2019
- Added a button to change camera if multiple cameras was detected in the camera calibration system
- Added a slider to adjust the contrast of the camera in the camera calibration system
- Revamped the camera calibration system UI to work on big screens as well as give space for new features
- The program will now remember what camera you were last using as long as it is still plugged in and use that automatically when "score by camera" is turned on
- Added functionality for all buttons under the "more" menu option
- Removed the "Add player" button since that would likely never be used anyways.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let the user get a 9 spare in the last part of frame 10
- Fixed several bugs that would make circular objects oval on some displays
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the user from pressing the start button in the camera calibration system
- Fixed a long standing bug where the camera calibration could be reset upon restart
- Changed the website and contact buttons to bring up the link instead of opening a new instance of the program viewing the website since it was a bit clunky, especially on older computers
- Fixed a bug that would make the user stuck at the "Change Lane Number" screen if not using a mouse. The feature is not implemented to be used without a mouse
- Fixed a bug that let the user open the menu while changing the lane number
- Fixed a bug where the placed indicators in the camera calibration system wouldn't appear where they were placed
- First chapters are written in the documentation PDF. This will be included with every download of the software and helps if you have any problems or questions about the program. It also describes the main functions in detail.
- It can be hard to insert a spare while editing a frame
Version 0.9.92Beta 3
Released: February 16 - 2019
- Started to add functionality to the keyboard only interface. Most actions doesn't need a mouse anymore
- The focus ring around buttons and input dialogs will only be visible when using the keyboard to access them. (such as arrow keys)
- Fixed a bug where buttons in menu 3 would lost their labels
- Fixed a bug where the camera couldn't be turned on
- Fixed a bug where the header would be "New Game" when changing player names
- Fixed a bug where the edit menu would be unusable after pressing cancel in the player names dialog
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let the user delete the last frame of a player on some occasions
- Fixed a bug that prevented the delete last frame of player 4 to appear
- Fixed a bug they would affect active scoring while typing numbers on the keyboard when changing player names
- Fixed a bunch of issues that would cause menus to appear when pressing space bar
- Fixed a bug where the menu would stay out after changing the active player
Version 0.9.91Beta 2
Released: February 10 - 2019
- Centered the "Start" button properly in the camera calibration system.
- Implemented a reset button for the camera calibration system.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't get a 1 in the last frame if the first throw was a X in the tenth frame.
- Fixed a bug where the Player button and the Edit button would still have its submenu buttons enabled even after a game was abrupted using the "Quit active game" option.
- Fixed a long haunted bug that would cause weird behaviour when pressing space. This was due to a chrome behaviour that selected buttons previously clicked and activated them when pressing the space key. (this was previously thought to be a chrome bug)
- Fixed a bug where the exit buttons were misaligned from the rest
- Restart is no longer needed when changing the time layout between am/pm and 24hr
Version 0.9.9Beta 1
Released: February 4 - 2019
- Rewrote and totally remade the way camera scoring works. This fixed a bug where the scores would be constand strikes because the viewfinder wasn't loaded. This is now calculated much more efficciently in the background.
- Fixed a bug where the ”pins left” triangle would not disappear if the last part of frame 10 was an adequate number
- Fixed a bug where the menu wouldn’t be shown when pressing the "M" key
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the camera feature couldn't be turned on even if a game wasn't active
Released: January 24 - 2019
- Fixed size of score cards when in 4 player mode. This will make it work better on screens with aspect ratios wider than mine.
- Added functionality to change the lane number on the screen.
- Added copy and paste functionality. Commands and the top menu should both work.
- Fixed some issues with camera streams. It should now work a bit more reliably, but it’s still not perfect.
- Added functionality to press the "M" key to bring up the menu
- Added the ability to click outside of the menu to dismiss it
- Added a button in the Exit menu to quit the active game and display no scorecards.
- Renamed the button that closes the program to ”Quit Application”.
- Fixed a glitch showing all buttons without names briefly when closing the menu, if a menu not using all available buttons were open.
- Lots of general code improvements throughout.
Released: December 8 - 2018
- Fixed a bug where the contacts button didn't work
- Fixed a major bug that caused the result to not be displayed if you only got misses throughout your scorecard
- Fixed an issue where the buttons for cancel and start wasn't placed correctly on larger screens
- Fixed a bug where the upper parts of the scorecard was cut off on larger screens
- Edited the colors on the active scorecard
- Added functionality for the exit button. It will now properly close the program after hitting the second exit button (this prevents closing the program by mistake).
- Probably other stuff I cannot remember lol
One feature that doesn't work anymore is:
- Bug: Player result resets to 0 when pressing space after a completed game. Expected behaviour is for the result to stay and be added on previous result unless a brand new game with different players is initiated.
Released: November 22 - 2018
- Added functionality to the exit button, this will now close the current active window when pressed. Perfect if the application is run i fullscreen mode.
- Added an option under Settings > Clock for use of a clock with am/pm displayed, or 24hr clock. The 24hr clock is default.
- Small performance improvement for rendering the background images (especially when changing between them).
- Re-added the buttons under Settings > More , but those have no functionality yet.
- Fixed a bug where the camera would stay on after disabling it if calibration was done during an active game.
- Added a loading screen. It's quick so shouldn't bother too much. It's just to cover up the loading of the image which can take about a second depending on the computer.
- Other small fixes that I can't even remember.
Released: November 19 - 2018
- Added a triangle showing to the right of the active player on first throw. The triangle shows standing pins. If less than 2 pins or more than 8 pins were picked up, it won't show.
- Fixed a bug (again) where the positions set in the calibration process would not save after closing the application.
- More bug fixes
Released: November 13 - 2018
- Added a text telling the user to press space when one game is finished
- Made it impossible to get a strike in the wrong order in the last frame
- Added the real ScoreMore logo
- Started implementing the edit frame button. This is not at all finished and testing it might lock you into a mode that can only be exited by exiting the app...
- A bunch of bug fixes!
- Compiled the program into an app for the first time. Works on Mac, Windows and Linux!
Released: November 10 - 2018
- Rewrote the entire function checking for standing pins and calculating score from camera.
- Fixed a bug where the camera calibration did not save.
Released: November 10 - 2018
- Rearranged the menu items by adding a new "Settings" section and moving the "Themes" section in there.
- Added the functionality of saving the users preferences, including the choice of theme, as well as the last camera calibration. Now your calibration should be saved when reloading the page.
- Fixed a bug where the user were able to score a strike after a gutterball in the 10th frame.
- Added an option to use or not to use the camera for scoring. This can be found in the settings. Nothing will happen if the camera is not calibrated.
- Fixed a bug where the total would not be saved when pressing space for new game in google chrome.
- Made buttons unpressable in the menu if they should not be interacted with. (they are only pressable when needed).
- Fixed a bug where any key could be pressed for camera scoring, not just the s-key.
- Fixed a bug where a random strike would be displayed after using keyboard input for scoring while the camera was activated.
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs
Released: November 4 - 2018
- Added the possibility to use handicap for each player. If no handicap is chosen, it won't be displayed on the scorecard.
- Added the possibility to delete the last frame of any player. I will have to polish this function a bit more since this can sometimes cause issues with who should play after one frame is deleted. This can be changed in the "Change Turn" menu tho, so it's not a huge problem and the function works.
- Added some functionality to some buttons where they shouldn't be pressable, and I made them greyed out. (like the delete frame button, which shouldn't be usable if there hasn't been any frames played yet)
Released: October 30 - 2018
Here is what is done:
- Scoring calculation
- Up to 3 players
- Menu system
- Press Space to start next game when one game is finished
- Change background images (6 preloaded ones, some of which I have taken myself)
- Change active player after a game is started (not recommended to use just yet)